The Duchess of Cambridge makes post-pregnancy weight loss look like a doddle. Over the last few months, onlookers have gushed over the mum of three’s appearance as she’s attended royal engagements. So how does Kate maintain her svelte figure?
1. The Dukan diet Kate reportedly follows Dr Dukan’s food regime. In the 1970s, the Frenchman revealed that eating more protein and less carbohydrates could be the key to success. Instead of focusing on calorie control, the regime allows you to eat as much as you want (provided it’s on the approved food list). Rumours suggest that the Duchess has used the diet to banish her post pregnancy weight in the past.Is this how Kate stays in shape?
2. Hypnotherapy According to one of Kate’s childhood friends, the Duchess has used hypnotherapy to get over her food aversions. In an interview with New Idea, Jessica Hay claimed that the royal used the unconventional method to overcome morning sickness. Apparently, one of the aims of these sessions was to help her build a better relationship with food. Jessica said: “She finds it very hard to eat a full meal and gets full very quickly. “The hypnotherapy is taking away any negative thoughts connected with food from the morning sickness, and replacing them with cravings for healthy, nutritious food.”
As Prince Louis’ official christening are released to the public we take a look back at Princess Charlotte and George’s big days.
3. Home cooking While you wouldn’t think the royals spend any time cooking, this isn’t actually the case. Apparently, Kate enjoys making healthy, home-cooked meals. She previously joked: “William has to put up with my cooking most of the time.”
4. Eating adventurously Having a balanced diet is key for weight loss. And when she’s enjoying her travels, the Duchess isn’t afraid to try out new cuisines. At numerous engagements, she has been spotted chowing down on some unusual delicacies. During a recent food and wine festival in British Columbia, she seemed to enjoy eating clams with miso mustard sauce.
5. Saving room for dessert Food regimes that are too restrictive are more likely to fail. For this reason, slimmers are advised to give themselves some room to treat themselves. Instead of denying herself of sweets and chocolate, Kate is partial to a dessert or two. She is said to be a big fan of traditional confections, including jam roly-poly and sticky toffee pudding.